All our students enjoy the unforgettable experience of playing in Scotland - 'The Home of Golf'.
Our exclusive golf camp introduces all our teenagers, regardless of their ability, to Scotland’s most interesting and famous courses, while providing specialist tuition to improve their individual game (and handicap if applicable).
This elective class covers:
- Golf tuition from our PGA qualified Golf Coach who is a renowned specialist in the field of junior golf coaching.
- For Beginners, we offer a perfect introduction to golf. Our PGA coaches teach all the basics, from chipping and bunker shots to the importance of etiquette and the rules of the game.
- For Intermediate to Advanced players, our specialist coaches evaluate and work with students on an individual basis to improve their game with the aim of reducing their handicap. Lessons cover swing improvement, short game, distance control and mental focus.
- Golf insurance
- Championship courses for 2019 students were Gleneagles PGA Ryder Cup Course, and Kingsbarns Links Course in St. Andrews*
- Students can be entered into the St. Andrews Old Course ballot*
- Club fitting is also available upon request*
- Advanced Players are offered the opportunity to play some of the world’s finest golf courses. To date our students have played St Andrews Links Courses, Dundonald Links (Ladies European Tour 2015), Royal Troon (host of the 2016 Open), Gleneagles (host of the 2014 Ryder Cup and 2019 Solheim Cup) as well as the famous Old Course in St Andrews.
*Please note additional play on Championship Courses will be determined by coaches and will be at players own expense.
*Please note that club fittings are not included as part of the standard summer school fees.
The most important shot in golf is the next one.
Our golf facilities are top of the range with some of the world’s best golf courses on our doorstep.
Our outcomes for this elective are:
- Improve technical ability and overall understanding of the game
- Receive hands on coaching which includes individual evaluation and an improvement plan to take home
- Develop strategies to improve focus, concentration and coordination
- Play on prestigious, championship courses
- Compete in our fun but challenging golf tournament
- A great opportunity to make new friends through small group lessons
- Play golf during your free time at no extra cost